Friday 12 April 2013

Weight for it!

For the most part I think I will try and post regularly from Sunday through Thursday...because as much as Franklin loves telling me what to do while in training, he also likes to talk to me without my face in a computer...BUT seeing as I did my job today I figured I would post my second ever blog.

My first PT (personal training) session with Franklin is all set for this Sunday. Now just for the record, and apologies if it is far too off topic from boxing and training for some but stick with me as I'd like to make it clear that I don't actually have a problem or major concern with my weight and thankfully neither does Franklin. I honestly believe that people are far too worried about their body image these days and it can and does have devastating effects for many people. In its extreme form it can result in people having a completely distorted view of their body and for many others it results in them becoming obsessed with every reflective image they can find, trying to squeeze into (or hide within) ill fitting clothes and feeling uncomfortable or embarrassed and paranoid (life's too short). I think its one of the things I hate most about western culture, the pressure to be what the media considers sexy and gorgeous all the time, many of the African people I have met don't understand it at all.

Anywho that's my two cents, I'd love to hear yours? A friend of mine commented on Facebook that she didn't remember me being chubby when we first started boxing. Thanks to my friend, its a reminder to me how even subtle body image issues can manifest...BUT I guess I also have to acknowledge that a majority of my extra weight at the moment is around my middle and with a family history of diabetes its the worst place to be carrying extra kilos.

So drum roll please...I stepped on the scales today (something I will only do every week or so) and I currently weigh 85 kilos. Not too bad but I put on about 10 kilos with my pregnancy and would like to at least get rid of them again and maybe an extra 5 if I can. Would anyone like to share their weight and weight goals? Its actually quite liberating (for girls more so I guess)

So there we have it for this Friday the 12th of April. I will try and post some pictures of me and my current figure in the next few days to have as a reference and my next blog will have a look at my diet goals Anyone else who would like to do the same and (if you are in the vicinity) anyone who would like to join my PT sessions with Franklin, just let me know.

Crackerdoodles for now.

Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment